We are proud to have worked with goTenna founders to design and develop their launch product - a revolutionary device that makes communication possible even when there’s no service. It’s portable, durable, light-weight, and a must-have for everyone on the go.
Losing reception suddenly doesn’t become an issue.
goTenna’s design is simple and portable.
Designed by Pensa
Sr. Industrial Designer (#PC-1021)
Lead and participate in the team development of 2D and 3D product designs for clients that will appeal to consumers both visually and functionally. Assist in user-centered design research activities. Develop 2D and 3D forms and design concepts through a combination of skills including sketching, prototyping,3D CAD modeling and computer rendering. Mentor entry and staff level designers. Lead design projects. Position in Brooklyn, NY.
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Industrial Design or related field.
● 2 years of experience in the job offered. Employer defines job offered as the occupation of industrial design.
● Work experience to include:
1. Industrial design for mobile consumer electronics, specializing in color, material and finish specifications.
2. Consumer product design including experience resolving 3D form language and developing brands.
3. Developing designs for materials, plastic and metal production processes.
4. Working with manufacturing on quality control and production issues.
5. Manufacturing techniques, including injection molding, machining, casting and extrusion.
6. Story-telling, i.e., communicating design strategy to the client, as well as building and developing a unique point of view for the product vision.
7. Independent execution of 2D illustration (Adobe Creative Suite) and 3D CAD software (Rhino or Solidworks).
8. Leading a design team.
9. Completing at least 5 design projects
10. Project design experience to include establishing and maintaining a vision, creative deliverables, and budget management.
11. Position requires a portfolio and interview demonstrating conceptualization and sketching skills, specifically:
- working through design problems with 2D and 3D skills,
- sketching through 3D forms from all angles,
- creating sketches that communicate emotion to the viewer,
- working through forms and mechanisms using additive and subtractive hand modeling skills,
- working through iterative refinement with the aid of a 3D printer, prototyping and working in a workshop.
Individuals interested in applying for the position must submit a resume with Job Ref. #PC-1021 to:
Attn: HR - Job #PC-1021
20 Jay Street, Suite 800
Brooklyn, NY 11201
We’re very excited to announce that we’ve been chosen as one of 5 design firms around the country to participate in The Bike Design Project. The Bike Design Project is a pioneering bike design/build competition partnering high-level design firms with American bicycle craftsmen to create the Ultimate Urban Utility Bike - the next wave bicycle for the everyday rider. We will be working with Thomas Callahan of Horse Cycles to represent New York City and create the ultimate bike!
The final designs will be unveiled on July 25, at which point a public online vote will open up for the best bike. Until then, we will be updating you with our progress, designs, and events.
Marco recently spoke and gave a demo of the DIWire at University of Monterrey in Monterrey, Mexico for UDESIGN. UDESIGN is a series of conferences created by the Faculty of Art, Architecture and Design of University of Monterrey as an effort to create an opportunity for students and other creative professionals to share some time with successful architects, designers or artists and learn from some of their experiences.
More info about UDESIGN here.
Marco will be on the DIY jury team for the Core77 Awards! Recognizing excellence in all areas of design expertise, the Core77 Design Awards celebrates the richness of the design profession and its practitioners.
Do you have a DIY project you’d like to submit? DIY means any personal project that is self-directed, self-produced and self-funded. You can submit or find out more info about the award and judges here. There’s only one week left! (deadline is March 20)
Or you can submit to any of the other categories.
For the past year, we have been working with the New York Academy of Medicine to create the Age Smart Employer Award. The program was launched by NYAM and the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation. The goal of the awards program was to define, exemplify and publicize the Age-friendly Workplace in NYC. Through the synthesis of their research and ours, we created the story, name, logo, website design, and physical award.
The competition ended in December and last night, a special ceremony was held where the winners were announced and presented with their Age Smart Employer Awards. They were chosen based on their ability to demonstrate that their workplace optimizes the talent of older workers and creates environments that capitalize on age-diverse workforces, while meeting both business and employee goals.
Congratulations to the winners: Montefiore Medical Center, Pfizer, Renewal Care Partners, and Ristorante Settepani & Settepani Bakery
Read more about the award and check out the wonderful videos about why each winner was chosen as Age Smart.